Important Bicycling Safety Tips
- Make it a habit! Six point safety check your bike every time.
- Protect your head. Wear a helmet.
- See and be seen. Be visible.
- Stay alert. Listen and Look.
- Obey the rules of the road.
- Use your hand signals.
- Remember that some drivers just don't see you.
- Don't ride in traffic until you can safely negotiate it.
- Avoid riding at night, but if you do, be visible
- Be predictable. Don't surprise anyone else on the road.
- Prevent bicycle theft. Lock up your bike.